August 30, 2019 In Uncategorized
At this time of year, lots of award results are announced and if you are one of the lucky ones – congratulations! But do you know how to make the most of your award?
Here is our checklist on how to make the most of your award win:
- Update your website immediately. You can simply write the award details into the existing copy and overlay the award image next to your current product image.
- Post the news to social media straight away – the best place to begin PR is to reach out to an established network.
- Update your packaging as soon as humanly possible. If you have the capacity (and budget) you can have your packaging modified and reprinted. Many businesses do not want to wait so they add stickers to each and every product in the interim period. The perfect holiday job for someone.
- Get your pack shots re-taken as soon as your product packaging displays your award. This really is a priority for boosting your sales as well as your PR. If you have a designer who can create a mock-up that might work ok in the interim. We can also recommend several photographers who offer cost-effective options with single pack shots starting from £30.
- Update your online retailers once you have the new pack shots or mock-ups. If you have a good relationship with the retailer, ask to have your awards mentioned in the product descriptions too.
- Don’t forget to update the images on your website too.
- Use the feedback document to pick out some testimonials for your social media. “The most delicious coconut ice cream we have ever tasted”. Testimonials don’t need to be long sentences, something simple like “deliciously indulgent” would work fine. Use Canva to make Testimonial memes with text overlaying your most delicious looking product images.
- PR yourself! Send a newsletter to your list of clients, suppliers and/or customers.
- Write a blog or news story for your website (if you have one).
- Generate some PR by writing a press release for your local newspapers. You can follow a template or pay someone to draft a release and help you to choose the right media contacts. This is a lovely story for your local media, especially if you can build upon your story and tie it into another local news story. You can simply shout about all the exciting things going on in your business at the moment: An expansion story, investment partner or incredible new client will all add to the success story for your business.